07 August 2008

Week in review - August 10th, 2008

Another fun week.

From 2008-07-26

Not work
So I've ordered the camera :) Canon XSi with a couple of lenses (17mm-55mm IS and 55mm-250mm IS) so that will set me up nicely for the trip to San Francisco in late September and of course for our European trip in December.

Since we're doing this trip and I want to make sure I don't take 3,000 crappy pictures, I decided to take a refresher photography class - my first since 1986. This one is about photographic composition and perspective and is a six week course starting early September. By then I should at least be familiar with the device. No doubt I'll be posting my results online :)

From 2008-07-26

From 2008-07-26

This coming week, Claudia is in Toronto for a conference (Tuesday - Sunday) so it will be just me and the cats. I hope they like chili since I'm making a huge pot of it for the freezer.

Work
I'll keep this one brief :)

So the end is in sight. I successfully was able to hire a new DBA to join our team and he starts towards the end of August. That will add a third to our Oracle group and mean we'll have more coverage (i.e. less time on call). Very exciting news for us.




Book Review
I'm still working through my current books (previously mentioned), so nothing new there. I did get the Paris one but that's at least a couple of weeks away from being cracked open.

Movie Review

I have to say I haven't watched anything this week....

No comments: